*WHO DESERVES A REST?*
The acronym R. I. P,. REST IN PEACE, where is it from? Is it meant to be said for everyone? Thinking aloud, I realised that every poster I see carry the acronym in it. Where a relative dies or a person one knows dies, it is expected that the living says to the body of the departed, REST IN PEACE. I now want to ask where is it from? Many people say it as sympathiser of the dead. "Eyiyaaaa rest in peace, Mama John rest in peace o"
It came from the Bible, the Word of God to the Prophet as a prophecy. Practiced first when the early Christians began to experience rapid death in their camps through persecutions.
*[[Isa 57:1-7/EasyEnglish]]* (1) When a very good man dies, nobody really thinks about it. Death takes away men who love God. But nobody understands why death takes them away. But God wants to save the very good man from trouble that will come soon. That is why he has died!
(2) A good man dies. Then he goes into a place where there is peace. Those men lie on their beds. He is the man who lived in the right way.
(3) But you, come here! You are sons of a woman who does magic. You are the children of an adulteress. You are the children of a woman who sells her body for sex.
(4) Tell me whom you are laughing at in a bad way. Tell me about whom you are saying bad things. You push your tongue out of your mouth! You are a crowd of people who do not obey God’s rules. You do not say what is true.
(5) You like to have sex among the big trees. Also, you have sex under every tree that hangs out its branches. You kill your children and you burn them (for false gods). You do that in the deep valleys and under the rocks that hang over the sides of hills.
(6) Your place is among the flat stones in the deep valley. Yes, you should be with them. Yes, you have poured out drink, to offer it to your false gods. And you have offered grain to them. Because of that, I, the LORD, will not change my mind.
(7) You have made your bed on a high and tall hill. You went there to offer things to your false gods".
But you.... I don't know if it is you. Anybody that answers the call for rest should receive rest.
*[[Mat 11:28-29/KJV]]* (28) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
When a man deliberately makes a choice in life, and he dies, it is not good for anybody to interfere in it. Churches, friends and relatives of the dead often wishes their wicked relatives to have this rest when he had chosen otherwise in his lifetime.
The choice we make is now. Your lifestyle and refusal to believe in Christ has given you the place you have chosen.
For me, I have made my choice to serve Jesus Christ and Him only do I know no matter what it costs. Dead or alive, that's where I'm going. I don't want any one else to give me another chance and that is where I remain. Why, Jesus Christ is alive forever more. Other things died and couldn't resurrect. See, it is my final destination. I need no other argument. Rest in peace therefore is for whosoever answered a call to "Come unto me all who LABOUR and are of heavy LADEN". No other God offered rest than this.
In Isaiah 57:1,2 we see why the rest for only the righteous who died in Christ.
And whether the world want it or not I am sure to rest because I choose resting in peace. So it is no offense to ignore one whom I am sure chose violence in this life. Where the world wants me to write RIP for the wicked. When God said there is no peace for the wicked.
If you choose the shrine and a dead church, well, if you die, your church may give their own rest by the number of people that turned up to your burial, but does that number five rest?
Only God gives eternal rest. Rest starts with dropping sin, and taking up the cross and following Jesus Christ.
Have you dropped it and washed clean in the blood of Jesus Christ?
There is no rest in your denominations either. In reality there is rest that is given when you receive the Grace of salvation. You are sealed in the Holy Spirit. Then can you answer the call which said "Adam where are you?"
~ Bro. Caleb N. N ~
Comments