The Family Altar
BIBLE READING
Now when Jesus saw great multitudes about him, he gave commandment to depart unto the other side. And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead. (Matthew 8:18-22)
INSIGHTS
I have no programs at all. I have nothing, no programs. We have books, but them books, we buy them from somebody else to bring them to the meeting. I have no radio, no television, no nothing else. I'm not under obligation to nothing or nobody but God. 'Cause I can go to a church, little or big. I don't have to have any certain amount of money; there's nothing designated. I'm fifty-one years old, been preaching thirty-one years and never took a offering in my life. That's right. No money hooked into it at all. People give me little things so I can live by, and help support the ministry, which is appreciated. That goes into a foundation at my church. Myself, I get one hundred dollars a week for my living. And outside of that, well, that's all I have. And that's all I need.
And I don't believe that the Gospel of Christ was ever made to commercialize. I believe that, it's not to be done. And I do not believe that servants of Christ should try to be showmen. I believe they're supposed to be humble, take the place of Christ, His life in us, represents Him to the public.
Now, we find out that He said, "The foxes have holes and dens, and the birds have nests; but the Son of God doesn't have a place to lay His head." He didn't have to be that way. I think the sweetest word in the Bible, one of them, "Father, I sanctify Myself for their sakes." He had a right to a wife; He had a right to a home. He had a right to the pleasures of life, like we have, the comforts of life at least. But He was sanctifying Himself because He was training twelve men that would stir the world with the Gospel. And if He could do that, how much more ought we to sanctify ourself.
( The Queen Of Sheba
February 19, 1961 )
~ Rev. William Marrion Branham
The Jesus of today had changed so much from the Saviour Jesus Christ.
The Jesus spoken of, in this context is consistent with the King of Glory who died for us. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.
But the denominational Jesus who motivates but doesn't like to bear heat for man is not the LORD that died for man.
So, the ministers of today do not want them to suffer just as their Jesus Christ that could not die on the cross for man.
The crazy of prosperity had brought the old fashioned native doctors to carry bible. Living all the tables full of vomit.
The church must come back to reality of the God of the Bible.
*[[2Corinthians 11:4]] KJV*" For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."
Everywhere is filled with churches and ministries yet with out life to go with it.
Comments