The Family Altar
BIBLE READING
And he entered into a ship, and passed over, and came into his own city. While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live. And Jesus arose, and followed him, and so did his disciples. (Matthew 9:1,18-19)
INSIGHT
Now, Divine healing is nothing that anyone can do. Divine healing is a act of faith in a finished work, that Christ finished at Calvary. No man has power to heal. Not even Jesus had power to heal. We all know that. He said, "It's not Me that doeth the works, it's My Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works." So the Son of God had not power to heal at random, or in His ownself: "The Son can do nothing in Himself," He said. And if He did not take credit for healing the sick, then how much more should any man of this day, or any other day, abstain from honors from people saying that He heals the sick. It's absolutely an error. If I could heal you, I could save you. Because it's in the same atonement that the finished work was completed at Calvary by our blessed Lord. And it's your personal faith in the finished work of Christ at Calvary, that brings both salvation and healing.
I might say in here, "How many people's been healed for five years?" Several hands would go up. "How many's been healed, or been saved for twenty five years?" Many hands would go up. "How many's been saved for a year?" Hands would go up. Now, one way that was right, and another way it was wrong.
You wasn't healed twenty five years, one year ago. But you were healed and saved nineteen hundred years ago. When Jesus died at Calvary, He finished the sin question and the sick question. For there where He was wounded for our transgressions, with His stripes we were healed, and the complete thing was finished at that time.
And then, you, your personal faith in that finished work draws the remuneration from what He did for you at Calvary. So you were saved two thousand years ago, but accepted your salvation twenty five years ago, hour ago, five minutes ago. You were healed two thousand years ago, you can accept it right now.
So my ministry has never been very effective in the United States, because that the people has been trained the old Jewish tradition of laying hands on the sick. That never was to the Gentiles. And the American people are taught that: lay hands on the sick. When Jairus' daughter was dead, Jairus said to Jesus, he being a Jew, "Come, lay Your hand on my daughter and she'll live." But when the Gentile son was sick, he said, "I'm not worthy that You'd come under my roof, just speak the Word and my servant," rather, "shall live." Jesus turned to the Jews and said, "I don't find faith like that in Israel."
See, the Gentile way is to accept His Word. And this is the Word of God. And I believe that every bit of this is God's Word. And I do believe that God can do things that He hasn't written in the Word. There's plenty in there for me to deal with, just what He promised. Now, I do not want anything less or anything more, but I want all His promises, because He died that I might have them. So healing is one of His promises.
( Can We See Jesus
58-0619E )
~ Rev. William Marrion Branham
Parallel Scriptures : Mark 5:21-24, Luke 8:40-42
Comments